Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Sue!

My email pal, Sue, and I have been writing back and forth on a regular basis for some time, comparing our treatment experiences and sharing life observations in general. So, even though I had only met her in person once before, I was happy to drive to Kingston yesterday to attend her birthday celebration. I invited Jennifer (an extrovert who has no problem blending in with a room full of people she doesn’t know) along for the drive.

It was wonderful to meet Sue’s friends and to see what a great support network she has. Her condo was lovingly decorated with purple balloons, banners and flowers. People brought a wide assortment of delicious finger foods and Happy Birthday cupcakes.
Jennifer took this picture of me & Sue. As you can see, Sue is wearing her Fuck Cancer hat, which really just says it all.

You can read Sue's columns in the Kingston Whig Standard by clicking on Sue Hendler after Labels below and following the links.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks so much for sharing the day with me, Chris, (and Jennifer too!) It was good to see you and I look forward to the next time we have a chance to visit ....
Sue

Nael said...

lol...that's the hat I got her!!!!
Nael