Sunday, April 12, 2009

Facebook

I have 30 friends on Facebook, even though I basically use it to see pictures that my son and his wife post. Maybe it’s my age but I don’t really get why Facebook has become so popular.

You log on to your email account and see that someone has sent you a message in Facebook. You click on the link and then have to log onto Facebook to read the message. Why not just send the message in email? It seems like online small talk -- and I’ve never been good at small talk.

I spent some time last night on the phone helping my Mom get set up on Facebook. I just checked and she already has 12 friends!

Now I just have to figure out why I’d want to tell everyone what I’m doing on Twitter

Christine is: going to take a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooh! I soooooooooooooo Agree!!!!! My exact words - if you sent the notice to e-mail why don't you just write it there instead of my having to travel through a bramble of technology that only 'enhances' my age and inability to understand!" .....