Monday, May 17, 2010

Survivor

I’m behind in my postings and I have lots to catch up on: the Appetizers with the Ammas event, more on the conference in Philly, mother and son spa day, and the prodigal son party. For now, I’ll stick to the latest and hopefully come back to the other topics at a later date.

Yesterday was emotional with Adam and Tara leaving to go home. We BBQ’d a turkey for lunch and had ‘Festivus’ on my sunny deck before taking them to the airport. They got stuck in Frankfurt because of the volcano ash and had to take a train from there to Amsterdam, but they are finally home safe and sound. My heart is happy to know that they have such a great life in Europe, but it also aches a bit today because I miss them already.

The rest of me is a bit achy too because I had my first Pamidronate infusion this morning. It has left me with a few flu-like symptoms so I’m spending the evening in front of the TV finding out who won the latest Survivor. (I can’t believe that show is still on. Even more so, I can’t believe that I still watch it!).

I don't want to outwit, outplay, or outlast anyone.

I'm just fighting to stay in the game.

No comments: