Friday, May 7, 2010

Overcoming Survivor's Guilt

The latest Cancer Crusade newsletter is about Overcoming Survivor's Guilt. I remember all too well the feeling when my friend Carol had a recurrence only 2 years after I met her in a support group. I asked myself "why her and not me?" but there was no answer.

Now that I've had a recurrence myself, I could ask the same question about other women who have not had it return; "why her and not me?". Again, there is no answer.

"...celebrate the one you have lost and to keep the flame of his or her life shining brightly by giving something good and beautiful to the world with your own life. It doesn't have to be big, but it has to come from a big place in your heart. It doesn't have to be expensive, but it must be generous of spirit."

Read the full story

No comments: