Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Oncology visit

My son Adam came to my oncologist appointment with me today. I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea or not but I want him to feel that he is involved in my health care, at least as much as he can considering that he lives in Europe. The distance has its advantages and disadvantages: it makes denial easier but I think that being parachuted into an appointment at the cancer centre during his vacation leaves him feeling, understandably, a bit shell shocked.

The plan is to keep me on Faslodex and add a monthly Pamidronate IV to strengthen my bones and prevent fracture. I have an appointment next week with a radiation oncologist to discuss treatment for the lesions on my spine.

What I’m grateful for today: The leisurely walk that Adam, Katey and I took along the river today.

No comments: