Monday, January 4, 2010

Favorite Moment of 2009

Sylvia, Frances & I had a wonderful ski after their lesson at Mooney's Bay this morning. Sylvia mentioned that at a recent family reunion everyone was asked what their favorite moment of 2009 was.

As I wrote in my last post, I had a lot of great moments this past year. But my favorite one was probably sitting on a patio in a small town in the Czech Republic with my son. Adam had surprised me with a trip to Prague and then a few days in the country side. The patio was in a square in the centre of the town and the waiter didn't speak English. The only thing remotely recognizable on the menu was something called "Gordon Blue".
Adam ordered what he thought was a glass of red wine, which turned out to be a bottle. I'm not much of a drinker, but we were in wine country and the wine went down very easy. I got tipsy, on a patio in a square in a town who's name I can't remember, with my grown son and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else in the world at that moment. The four days I spent with Adam in the Czech Republic will certainly go down as four of the best days of my life.

What was your favorite moment of 2009? Please leave a comment to share a special memory from the past year.

What I'm grateful for today:
Sylvia & Frances, for agreeing to go for a ski with me, even though they were already tired from their ski lesson.

No comments: