Sunday, January 24, 2010

Busting Out

This picture was in the Ottawa Citizen a few weeks ago; I think it was part of an advertisement for a recent cancer telethon. They must have really had to dig in the archives for this one because that's me in the front, wearing the headband and I haven't been dragon boating in several years.
Seeing the picture made me think back to what a great experience it was to paddle with the Busting Out breast cancer survivor/thriver team. During the 7 years that I was on the team, I had the opportunity to participate in many festivals including Halifax, Vancouver and even China.

But the best part of being on the team were the people I met. Even today most of my closest friends are people I met on the Busting Out team. What a great group of active, supportive, and optimistic women.

Busting Out Dragon Boat team

1 comment:

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Christine, Thanks for continuing to write so honestly. I am speaking to a group of breast cancer survivors this week. I plan to quote from your post on "Support Groups".
Take care, dennis