Friday, January 8, 2010

Excited to be alive

A good friend visited a concentration camp this past year and, as she felt the evil and horror of the place, she had this epiphany: There actually are worse things than having cancer!

I've had good days, bad days, and days that downright sucked. But as I was telling my mom this evening, I have a pretty good life. (OK, except for the cancer).

I get up and do exactly what I want to do everyday, without pressure or responsibilities. I'm still able to do the things that I enjoy and Katey the wonder dog makes me smile each and every day. I have the most amazing group of friends (not to mention that I have an awesome mom, and I'm not just saying that because she's visiting now!)

Who would have thought that people with cancer could still appreciate life? Even be excited to be alive after surviving cancer or a crash such as the 'miracle on the Hudson'?



I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.

~Agatha Christie~

Roger and Kathy Cawthon write about being excited to be alive in the latest Cancer Crusade newsletter.


Read the full article
email: cawthons@thecancercrusade.com
web:
http://www.thecancercrusade.com

No comments: