Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chemo-fog

My Mom emailed me and pointed out that I have not been on my “blob” (as she calls it) for awhile and wondered if everything is alright. I’m not sure if I have chemo-fog or I'm having a blog-posting slump. Or maybe I just haven’t had much to say lately.

I must admit that some days my brain is slow to function. I keep losing things. The other morning I was looking everywhere for my fleece pants. It took me awhile to realize that I had forgotten to take them off the night before, had worn them to bed and was still wearing them. A few hours later I was on the search for my sunglasses, which turned up ON my head UNDER the hat I was wearing!

It’s hard to tell what is from the Taxotere and what is from the new drug. I still get tired easily and I’ve had some pain in my arms and hands the last few days. That didn’t keep me from enjoying a wonderful weekend away with friends in Algonquin park this past weekend.

Dianne (to the left) is missing from the group photo. I’m not sure if she’s hugging me or trying to keep me from sliding off the ice ledge I’m sitting on :-)

No comments: