Monday, March 9, 2009

The kindness of strangers

The reporter from the Grimsby Lincoln News got it right after all…

The write-up in the paper about a recent event held at Curves in Fort Erie where my mom is a member said: Curves offered free manicures, massages and makeovers, with all donations going toward Lynds' cancer treatment.

I thought that the money was going to the Canadian Cancer Society, but I just got a card and a generous cheque in the mail to help with my treatment drugs from the lovely ladies at Curves. I certainly wasn’t expecting that, but it will come in handy. My monthly injection alone is over $600. I’m lucky to have a drug plan that covers most of it, but I still have to pay $131 out of my own pocket each month.

A huge thank you to Patricia Walsh and the members of the Fort Erie Curves. The women who attend there are doing wonderful things for their own health through their membership, and I appreciate the efforts they went to to help me out (and they’ve never even met me!). It’s a wonderful example of the generosity and kindness of women!

No comments: