Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weekend away

This past Sunday found me up early to catch a train to Belleville. Part of the adventure was in navigating the public bus system (which I have taken about 3 times in 10 years) to get me the short distance to the train station.

The train trip was pleasant, with thawing fields of straw-like vegetation along the route indicating that perhaps spring is truly on its way.

My mom, who drove from Niagara Falls, picked me up at the Belleville station and we had a picnic lunch beside the Lake on the Mountain, overlooking the Glenora Ferry. We stayed the night at the lovely Merrill Inn in Picton.



The afternoon was spent checking out the local shops and then we met Mary & Eric for dinner at the Carriage House in Bloomfield.




On Monday we headed to Ottawa, stopping in Kingston on the way to meet my email-buddy, Sue. We've been corresponding for some time now, so it was nice to meet up in person. We had a great visit, talking about many things we had been writing about in our emails (and Sue in her newspaper column and me on my blog), but it was great to be able to do it face-to-face. My only regret is that I forgot to take a picture of the two of us, so you’ll just have to imagine us smiling ... and looking quite stunning, of course! :-)

No comments: