Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Trio of Blessings

I've been feeling really tired and achy the last few days, so it really lifted my spirits to receive not 1, not 2, but 3 gifts from special people today.

1. My amazingly talented niece Erin, who is a student at the N.S. College of Art & Design in Halifax, sent me this portrait that she did from a picture of me taken when I was about 16 or 17. I wish I still had those eyelashes!
2. My dear friend Dorothy (aka Chuck) sent this lovely prayer shawl that she made for me (I didn't even know she could knit!). Here's what the card said:

Prayer Shawl
This shawl was made just for you to bring comfort, to know that you are loved. This shawl is to wrap you up when you just need a snuggle or a hug. This shawl was knitted with blessings and with love.

3. And last but not least, my wonderful role model Mary sent me for a massage. Given that my back and joints have been giving me trouble, it was a much appreciated gift. I spent an hour in a lovely serene setting, having all of my sore muscles massaged and kneaded and I left feeling like I was walking on air. Thank you, Mary, for an hour of bliss!

No comments: