Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Taking Care of Myself

It's hard to go from being a busy productive person to having some days where I accomplish nothing.

I just came from yet another doctor's appointment and I fully intended to run a few errands on the way home. As often happens these days, I felt tired and headed straight home instead. I'm in the 'lost days' cycle of chemo and so many things around the house and on my to-do list are left undone.

I'm learning to let it go. I'm learning to not be so hard on myself. On days when I don't have the energy to do much more than flip through the channels, I'm learning that what I have accomplished is recovery and healing. That's my job right now: taking care of myself. If I accomplish nothing else on the 'lost days' except eat something healthy and get some rest, then I've done my job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You GO 'kiddo'! Two thumbs up!!! Taking care of YOU is a priority! Luv and Hugs............Us!