Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chemo - Round 1

It’s the morning after my first chemo treatment and I’m doing relatively well. Other than feeling like I’ve had the energy drained from my body, I'm a lot better than I expected at this point.

I’m looking forward to visitors but ask that people stay away if they have colds or flu. The chemo compromises the immune system and I’m at risk for infection, especially after my first treatment.

Thanks to everyone for your calls. Please forgive me if I screen my calls when I'm tired or don't return your calls right away. I do appreciate all of your best wishes and support. xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christine,
I am remembering, after reading through your blog, about the wonderful card you gave me when Charlie & I split up way way way back in 1990. It was so thoughtful, kind, present, and helpful. I don't know if I ever told you that. I kept the card for years--for courage, for a reminder.
You've always been like that--optimistic, thoughtful, considerate. Reading your blog is an incredible window into your life and it feels like a bit of a privilege to read it.
Just wanted to let you know that I often say prayers for people who are battling sickness or going through tough times--beautiful Buddhist mantras to spread healing and light--and that your name has been added to the list.
Its inspiring to read the blog. And send you much love and hope that this round of chemo does its magic.
Glad to read you are working with a naturopath--have several friends who have found the great success with help of alternative therapies for various cancers.
It was fantastic to see pictures of Adam--like my kids, he's so darned adult looking. Isn't time amazing?
So--sending you many wishes for quick recovery on this current leg of your incredible journey.
--Trudy