Tuesday, March 2, 2010

True confession

I'm embarrassed to admit it... but I had marshmallow fluff on toast for dinner tonight. The marshmallow fluff was an impulse buy during a quick run to the store for milk.

I think I’m just feeling unsettled because I see the oncologist tomorrow. A little over a year ago there were more spots on my lungs than they could count. Three CT scans ago there were no spots. Two scans ago there were two. My last scan showed that one had disappeared and I was down to one.

It feels like I’m riding a CT scan result roller coaster. I’m one tumor away from either being declared NED (no evidence of disease) or starting chemo again. I’m trying not to live from one set of results to the next, but I must admit that today I’m feeling a bit anxious. That probably explains the marshmallow fluff.

What I’m grateful for today: An unexpected ‘chat’ via Facebook with Adam this afternoon. We were both logged on at the same time so we texted back & forth about everything from Canada’s Olympic hockey win to tomorrow’s appointment.

The prodigal son returns in: 68 days

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It will be a POSITIVE result!!!!!
I just know it!!!!!
Marshmallow fluff??????

Christine said...

Don't knock it until you try it. :-)