Sunday, March 7, 2010

Anka - Thriver Profile

I was diagnosed October 1991. Yikes, that's 19 years ago! I know that it's a long time ago but I remember it a if it was yesterday. One day I was healthy as a horse and the next day I had CANCER!

I had a lumpectomy and 25 radiation treatments.

I try to live life to the fullest. I'm so gratefull that I have my health and am able to retire and enjoy life with my husband and family and friends. Who would ever have thought that I would one day go kayaking with the manatees in Florida or hike up Tunnel Mountain in Banff, Alberta. Life is good. God is good!

To read about other women who are living full and meaningful lives after a cancer diagnosis, click on the label Thriver profiles below or on Cancer Heroes under labels on the right.

No comments: