Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Steroid induced Insomnia

It's 5:30 am on the morning of my 3rd chemo treatment. I estimate that I have had somewhere between 20 minutes and 2 hours of sleep, so if this post doesn't make a lot of sense, you'll understand why.

I am supposed to take 2 steroid pills (Decadron) in the morning and 2 at night for 3 days - the day before, the day of, and the day after each treatment. Unfortunately, one of the side affects of Decadron is insomnia.
So in an effort to lull myself to sleep, I finished reading half of The Reader and watched George Stroumboulopoulos interview Alanis Morrisette on the Hour.

I watched an infomercial on The Magic Bullet and wondered why mine doesn't crush ice like the one on TV does.

I watched a expose on Gary Bussey on Access Hollywood. (Did you know that he's been drug free for 13 years and that his rather bizarre behavior is caused by brain damage from a motorcycle accident?)

OK, tomorrow night I'm bringing out the big gun sleeping pills.

No comments: