Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Run for the Cure


On October 5th I joined 10,000 other participants in the Ottawa/Gatineau Run for the Cure. Together we raised $1,600,000. A heartfelt thank you to everyone who supported me that day, financially and/or emotionally. Luckily, I felt well that day and, while it was the first time in 12 years that I walked rather than ran, I was happy to reach the finish line without running out of steam.

For so many years that I’ve lost count (8?) I’ve been fortunate to be part of the Just Doing It team, an amazing group of survivor/thrivers. Each year since the team was formed we have won the award for most money raised by a women’s community team. This year we raised over $33,000. Way to go, Just Doing It!!A wonderful group of my co-workers from Carleton University formed a team called Chris’ Jocks and showed up in full force to complete the 5k route. They organized various fundraisers at work in the month leading up to the event and I was touched by their enthusiasm and support. Chris’ Jocks rock!!



No comments: