Friday, November 23, 2007

Erin at 65

Today is my neice Erin's birthday. Erin is a talented artist, pastry chef, and one of my favorite people.
This picture is a self-portrait of Erin entitled "When I'm 65...". The first time I saw it it brought tears to my eyes -- maybe because I am amazed at her vision to be able to picture herself at 65, and maybe because I know that this is the only way that I will ever see her at this age. (Not to be morbid, but even if the cancer doesn't get me, chances are I won't be around in 40+ years!)

I was in the delivery room when Erin was born and when the doctor handed her to me I felt a connection to her that continues today.

Happy birthday Erin, daughter of my sister, daughter of my heart. You will continue to be beautiful at any age.

You can view Erin's art portfolio and pastry creations at
http://lapetitelife.blogspot.com/.

No comments: