Friday, November 9, 2007

Hiking in the Gatineau Hills

Today I played hooky. Well, not really, I just took a vacation day… but it was delicious to go hiking with friends on a day that I would normally be slaving away at my desk.

A group of my dragon boat friends meet on Fridays and hike in Gatineau Park. I decided to ditch work a few Fridays this fall to join them.

Today’s hike was led by my Didi (Nepali for sister), Peg. While I can’t tell you the names of the trails that Peg led us on, I know that we ate lunch at Keogan cabin. It doesn't matter where we go; the trails are lovely and the views are spectacular. The shining sun and the sound of the leaves crunching under our feet created an ideal setting for spending time with friends and enjoying the beauty of the park.

What a great day to be alive!

2 comments:

Anne Sewell said...

Whoa Chris!! This is wonderful! Keep it going. It is a blessing being your friend...hiking in the Gatineau, shaking hands with Lend, having breakfast on Sat mornings after the 'run', etc, etc. You are an inspiration! Of course being a fellow Bluenoser doesn't hurt either.
Love,
Anne

Anka said...

Thank you Chris for letting me be one of "those" friends. I look forward to spending a lot more time with you. ie: hiking, walking, biking, chatting, eating etc.
Love
Anka