Sunday, November 11, 2007

Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips

I just finished reading Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips by Kris Carr. While the book is mostly aimed at younger women, I like her kick-ass approach to dealing with her cancer. However, I'm not sure I'm ready to take on her raw diet -- I find just trying to eat enough veggies everyday and avoiding processed foods enough of a challenge!

Some great quotes from Carr's book:

I remember my radiologist saying to me, "Your mission now is to ask yourself every day, 'Am I doing what I want to be doing?'" I try to make the answer yes, even if it requires saying the word no and disappointing someone. - Sheryl Crow

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is an opionion, not a fact. Impossible isn't a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. - David Beckham

Incurable isn't a declaration, it's a dare! - Kris Carr

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem

FUCK CANCER - Jackie Farry

No comments: