Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First shot of Fulvestrant

Just back from my first injection of Fulvestrant (brand name: Faslodex). Finally! I’m on a drug that has the potential side effect of loss of appetite! It was pretty uneventful – just bend over the table and get a shot in the bum. So far, so good.


I was happy to see my own oncologist, Dr. Stan Gertler, for the 2nd visit in a row. He’s been my oncologist since 1998 when I was first diagnosed. One of the things I like about him is that he has a good balance between compassion and honesty.


This is the look I’ve been sporting lately. I go bald around the house, wear scarves when I go out, and save the wigs for special occasions. In this particular fantasy, I look mysterious and international, rather than like a sick lady with a bad turban on. :-)

No comments: