Friday, April 2, 2010

Hell hath no fury...

OK, now I’m getting really pissed off.

I wrote previously about the problems I had with a vacuum I purchased from Canadian Tire (aka Canadian Tired). After several attempts to contact both the manufacturer, Euro TrashPro, and Canadian Tire, I sent back the part that didn’t fit and bought a 2nd-hand vacuum from Kijiji.ca. So far, it works fine. It was $50 well spent.

In the meantime, I went on the Canadian Tire website and posted a review of the Shark vacuum. I was honest and said I was unhappy with both the product and the customer service I received. Here’s their reply:

Unfortunately, we were unable to post your review about Shark Canister Vacuum as it did not meet our requirements for publication.

Obviously, Canadian Tire is not interested in honest consumer reviews, just positive ones. I have since filed a complaint with the better business bureau.


I realize that little ol' me boycotting Euro-pro products and Canadian Tire will not hurt their business, but I’m doing it on a matter of principal.

I know I should just let this go but Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! (I think that quote refers to a woman rejected in love, but you get my meaning…)

No comments: