Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Demolition Divas

It never ceases to amaze me what a group of fan-tab-u-lous and determined women can accomplish together!












My 'volunteer work crew' showed up this past Sunday to help me pull up the carpet on my main floor - no small job, but we managed to rip up that ratty germ-infested monster and have it sitting on the curb for garbage pickup in record time.












I knew there was parquet underneath but I was delightfully surprised at what great shape it's in. I still need baseboards and a solution to the gaps at the seams, but I am very happy with my 'new' floor.












What I'm grateful for today: My wonderful friends who are always willing to lend a hand, work together, and manage to turn even a tough job into a fun and positive experience. A huge THANK YOU (kiss, kiss, hug, hug) to Dianne, Patty, Vanessa, Jennifer & Peggy! Also, thank you to Cornelius for the late day muscle & technical assistance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh! I wish I could have been there. I love doing stuff like that. Sorry I missed it. Chris your floor looks beautifull!!!!
Anka