Monday, February 1, 2010

The Grammys

Loved ‘em:
Pink - her aerial performance was amazing
Green Day – I love their song 21 Guns

Hated ‘em:
Black Eyed Peas, Eminem & Jamie Foxx – just not my taste, although I don’t mind Fergie on her own

Neither here nor there:
Taylor Swift - She seems sweet but I didn’t think she sang well on the show
Beyonce - her performance was just OK but I still love her Single Ladies video (and I love the SNL version with Justin Timberlake even better!)
Bon Jovi – one song would have been enough

Who was missing:
My boy Adam Lambert should have been nominated for new artist.

What the F?
Maybe I’m just becoming an old fuddy-duddy (and I’m proving it by using the term ‘fuddy-duddy’) but I just don’t get the whole Lady Gaga thing. I thought Elton John (who I’ve been a fan of for years) was over his rhinestone glasses phase and I really didn’t think the soot on his face added anything to the number.


What I’m grateful for today: That the only thing I have to report on is a) the Grammys and b) that I’m going for my routine Faslodex injection this afternoon. When you have cancer, boring is a good thing!

2 comments:

Levi said...

I loved Fergie. And for some reason I love the BEP. I have always liked them and I am OLD!

I missed Pink's performance.
And Lady Gagy is very weird but quite an enigma and she and Elton sounded great together. Lady GaGa is a dumb name.

Love boring too!

Daria said...

I agree ... Adam should have been nominated for new artist. He sure can belt them out.