Sunday, June 7, 2009

First day in the Netherlands

I was amazed at how easy it was to pass through airport security with my Fulvestrant, complete with needle & syringe. Travellers with diabetes and other illnesses probably do it all the time, but I was surprised that the security people in Ottawa, and even Heathrow, didn’t even bother to look at it. I guess I could have brought my crack cocaine after all... :-)

Adam took me out for the best sandwich I’ve ever eaten yesterday (grilled eggplant) and, in true Dutch style, we had a leisurely bike ride around The Hague. My magic blue sleeping pill helped me have a wonderful 10 hour sleep my first night, so I feel like I’ve already adjusted to the time difference.

Adam is taking me somewhere tonight but won’t tell me where – it’s a surprise!

No comments: