Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day to Me

There have been years when I really hated February 14th. I’d see roses delivered to the desks of my co-workers and wish that I had a sweetie to celebrate the day with (despite the fact that I also thought the whole thing was a rather commercial and artificial).

I’ve had my share of roses in my time. But somewhere along the way (and several flawed relationships later) I’ve come to realize that my life as a single person is good the way it is. I feel very loved this Valentine’s Day, maybe even more so than when I’ve had a partner to send me roses. My family makes me feel nurtured and connected. My friends demonstrate their love on a constant basis. The true love of my life is my son Adam.

Maybe it’s not the hormone-fueled romantic love of my youth, but I feel more love in my life now than I ever had before. I’m blessed to be so loved and to have so many wonderful people to love in return.

Happy Valentines Day to all of you!

Love Chris

No comments: