Sunday, February 3, 2008

And now for something completely different...

In case you are wondering, this is a picture is of the back of my right foot.

I'm totally peeved with myself because I wore the wrong boots nordic walking and now have a huge blister on my heel. The other heel is only slightly better. I've been itching to go skating on the canal and couldn't go yesterday for obvious reasons.

Today I am planning to use duct tape to secure the blister so I can go snow shoeing this morning and for a x-cntry ski lesson in the afternoon. Not sure how I'll get the mess of duct tape off afterwards, but I'll deal with that when I have to.

OK, maybe some of my blog postings are self-indulgent. But I'm happy to have 'normal' every-day problems to write about! They say not to sweat the small stuff, but sometimes the small stuff is a pain in the ... heel :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Your a champion to go out cross country skiing with what looks like a second person growing off your heel. Quite the lady.

Love Erin

Anonymous said...

OMGAWD Chris........ I am crying in pain looking at your poor foot. Tell me how you can handle pain so GRACEFULLY? Maybe I have to go out Snowshoeing or cross country sking in order to find out what pain really is but I thought I was already experiencing it. Maybe if I get pain from cross country sking or snowshoeing, it might eat the pain that I already have...ya think??? I guess I should just get off the "Poor Me" kick and do something about it and take a few lessons from my brilliant niece. Chris...Love Ya
Aunt Sharyn
xoxoxo