Friday, June 13, 2008

Biking in the Netherlands

Just a quick note to say that I love Holland (despite a tooshie that's recovering from 5 days in the bike saddle!).
My favorite place here has been Texel, an island off the north-west coast of Holland where Jennifer & I spent 3 days. The island is 25 km long and 9 km wide, with sand dunes, beaches that go on forever, fields of sheep, and picturesque villages.
But of course, the highlight of the trip for me has been spending time with my two favorite people - my son Adam and his wife Tara.
After all the biking we did last weekend, I didn't think Adam would be in a hurry for his mom to come back anytime soon. However, he says that next time I visit he'll have a motorized scooter and will be waiting in a pub for us at each town along the way. :-)

No comments: