Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yoga

With so many things to do and not enough steam to do them, I really needed to go to my yoga class today to de-stress. I get up each morning with loads of plans (use my juicer, wrap Christmas gifts, go for a walk each day, try a recipe from my raw food cookbooks). I seem to move in slow motion some days, with the odd burst of energy here and there. I’m SURE no one has noticed(!) but it tends to make me a tad cranky.

By the end of the yoga class I had forgotten about my to-do list and felt much more relaxed. We did some gentle stretching and breathing exercises. I wish I could motivate myself to do it every day, but its one more thing to add to my to-do list, which is part of the problem.

I want to concentrate on 2 things in my yoga practice: forgiveness and acceptance. Forgiveness for not getting things done and acceptance that I'm just not all that productive right now. Wasting time isn't just wasting time - it's regenerating my body and mind.

Ra ma da sa Sa say so hung (prayer for self healing and protection from all disease).

No comments: